As the 2014 European Parliament elections of May 22nd draw closer, don’t forget to read about all the good work that the Conservative MEPs for the South West have already been doing in Brussels at http://www.conservativeeurope.com/meps-south-west.aspx.
Julie Girling, Ashley Fox and the outgoing Giles Chichester have secured a number of important victories in the European Parliament in recent years, including:
- Reforming the EU’s fisheries policy
- Cutting red tape for small businesses
- Strengthening language requirements for medical professionals coming to theUK
- Killing off an EU-wide Financial Transactions Tax
- Strengthening bank capital rules to avoid another taxpayer-funded bailout
- Stepping up international cooperation against terrorism
This May will see six exceptional Conservative candidates campaigning for seats in the European Parliament. As well as Julie Girling and Ashley Fox defending their seats, they will be joined on the campaign trail by Georgina Butler, Sophie Swire, Melissa Maynard and the double Olympic gold medalist James Cracknell OBE. To find out more about each of these candidates, check their websites by following the links below:
- Ashley Fox MEP - http://www.ashleyfoxmep.com/
- Julie Girling MEP - http://www.juliegirling.com/
- James Cracknell OBE - http://www.cracknellsouthwest.co.uk/
- Georgina Butler- http://www.georginabutler.com/
- Sophie Swire - http://www.sophieswire.com/
- Melissa Maynard - http://melissamaynard.co.uk/
The Conservatives are the only party who will guarantee an in-out referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU – something that 62% of people think we need. To find out more about why you should vote for the one party that is offering the people a real choice on Europe, visit www.letbritaindecide.com.
Vote Conservative on May 22nd to help our South West MEPs continue to battle for Britain in Brussels.